Saturday, July 7, 2012

A new Steam-Punk animated feature? Yes please!

War of the Worlds: Goliath

 I'd link to the one video I found on youtube, the the trailer on the actual site is much better. Worth a click for sure!

This had fallen off my radar after I first talked to one of the main creatives for it a couple years ago at Comic Con. A brain twitch and a quick Google search later, and I see that the movie is on track for a 2012 release! Very cool! The premise is a sequel to the novel War of the Worlds; A planet invaded uses the leftover alien technology to prepare for a second invasion, resulting in huge zeppelin battleships, mechanical walkers and high-powered bi-planes. In other words, right in my wheelhouse. I will definitely be keeping an eye on this, and I hope it makes a good showing before the inevitable (and probably more profitable) home release.

 I am reminded of another western animated film that I saw in 3D back in the day. Who remembers Starchaser: The Legend of Orin? I remember it being very Star Wars inspired, and hearing the word "damn" used a lot made it feel quite a bit more adult to me. BEWARE HYPERBOLE: The following video announces "the fantasy experience of a lifetime." Well, no, but it sure was fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment